Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Journey Begins November 2008


Well where do I begin... A lot has happened sense I last blogged and I will never let that much time pass again between writings! After the gallery show from New Orleans I spent the next months getting ready to graduate. I worked many long hours to prepare and things turned out great! I graduated in June and from there I spent the summer getting ready for my big move to New Orleans But before my big jump there was one last scheduled trip to New Orleans for Halloween with My friend Jodie and her boyfriend Nick! The trip was one crazy adventure after another! We went to clubs and danced and drank, went to the Halloween parade and took some crazy photos of floats, and I spent one of the most amazing nights at a little jazz bar with Chaz (will tell you more about him in future writings). Well after a week of beautiful weather and lots of fun.. My heart was officially set on my move to New Orleans.

The next month crawled by and finally it came the day for Chaz to land in MN and for us to set sail on my new adventure to New Orleans. Chaz and I spent a few days in MN together before we left and I showed him around town! We went to the MOA, drove around town, ate at the Nook and Shamrocks (a few times) and I took him to his first NHL hockey game..We even got to sit on the glass for the 2nd period! We had a blast!

After hid tour of Minnesota we were both ready to get out of the snow!! We left Minnesota at around Noon and drove straight through to New Orleans and arrived ate about 8am the next morning... Chaz and I had a blast driving through the night, listening to music and chatting. The drive definitely didn't feel like 19 hours!
But as we drove through the fog and into the bayous of New Orleans I was so excited to be "Home"

No comments: