Sunday, March 1, 2009

My Adventure in New Orleans


Once we got to New Orleans it was right to work we went. Chaz was working on getting the kitchen set up in a new bar his friend was opening called the Green Room Ultra Lounge. We spent day and night getting ready for the new opening..We definitely worked more than we slept. We made it through the grand opening with good success. I even picked up a few bartending shifts one of which was New Years Eve.. I Had a blast! I was meeting tons of nice people and having a great time.

Chaz and I escaped for a day and went out taking pictures. We took the street car uptown and walked around taking tons of fun photos. It was the first time I really had taken out my camera sense I had gotten there and it was nice that Chaz wanted to take photos as well. He had a blast taking black and whites with my 35mm while I took pictures with my Digital. We spent the whole day walking around exploring and then headed the the French Quarter to take some night photos. I was awesome because as we got down the the river the fog was beginning to set in and set it up for a beautiful image of the dinner boat.

After long and hard thought, Chaz and I decided that New Orleans was not the place for us to thrive as individuals. We realized that working in the French Quarter was tons of fun but not a life style that was for us any more. Chaz had been there sense 2000 and he was ready to leave and really work on his writing and for me as a photographer I was ready to really find myself in my art. It was hard to say goodbye and I know I will be back to visit.. I know that I need to take my mother there to show her what I fell in love with and to show her how beautiful it is of a place!

So after a month of New Orleans, Chaz and I packed up my two door car and headed west!



No comments: