Thursday, March 27, 2008

New Orleans Full Day #3

Well I am sitting in the lobby with Jodie, Maria, and Brian bloging and listing to Disney songs! Today was a fun day so far! brian and I got an early morning start to our shooting! We took the Canal streetcar down to the cemetery district and started shooting! The sunlight was hot but made amazing shadows. We shot there for a few hours and then headed to lunch! We went to a new bar that my friend Kiss works at and we ordered in Mexican food! The food was so good! After eating and hanging out, Brian and I headed back to the hotel where I took a 3 hour nap because I am not used to the sun!

Tonight we are going to head to dinner at around 9pm and then head to Bourbon to hang out with the cool bartender we met last night!

Tomorrow Brian and I are going to hit up 2 more cemeteries and then hopefully head to the 9th word!

2 comments:

Colleen Mullins said...

Hey Caitlin-
I keep thinking bout you and Brian and your cemeteries. I think a big problem can be missing the morning and dusk light. You are photographing white tombstones in the brightest, hottest sun on earth. It's no good by 9am...but Brian said you guys got up at 8:30. By then it can be too late to get the morning advantage--tomorrow--try to catch the 6:30am "shuttle" with Brett and get some yummy orange light of dawn--you won't regret it. Look at Emily Brown's blog too--that's what St. Louise cemetery looks like at 6pm. Photography is all about the light--the very name is derived from the Greek for "writing with light". I also think that those shadows will take on some lovely shapes at earlier ad later times in the day. You can probably also still get out Sunday morning at 6:30--talk to Rich as well--see where those folks are going. You may be on their route.
Can't wait to see your pictures from yesterday.

Michelle said...

Hi Caitlin,

I can't wait to see some more of your images!

Michelle